Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Where did the time go??

So....I'm not sure what happened in between "it's a boy" to "this is your pre-school". It seems to me that I somewhat remember a hazy blur of: nasty diapers & spit up, holding my fingers so that he could take a few steps, teaching him the word "momma", putting on his pj's backwards so he wouldn't end up naked during the night, taking every toy out of his crib while he slept so that he wouldn't be sleeping on a mountain........

It's like I hit the fast forward button by mistake. Here I am now, sitting thinking that he will be starting pre-school in the fall. We visited it the other day. Yes, he is in daycare everyday now, but somehow that seems different. He's at someone's home. He is just "going over there to play".

Now is the beginning of losing my baby. Just like it was yesterday, he was dependent on me for everything; bottles, diaper changes, rocking to sleep. This morning he took out the milk for his cup, dressed himself and climbed into his carseat. It's like the only reason that I was needed was to drive him, since he can't reach the pedals yet. Give him a couple of years and he won't even need that, since I'm only 2 feet taller than he is!

I will be crying when I drive him that first day in September - that's only a hop, skip and a jump from today. I have a couple of years to worry about Kindergarten, but I'll be the one in the backseat sobbing my heart out - by then he will be tall enough to drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment