Thursday, August 15, 2013

To Minecraft.......or Not To Minecraft - That is the Question

So I am greeted by Little Man at his daycare with a bunch of homemade tools in his hands yesterday.  During the LONG.....over an hour ride home...... he tells me everything there is to know about Minecraft.  Did I know that everything is made out of bricks, lists of all of the bad guys, something to do with butter???  Oh. my. gosh..... I was going to rip out my own ears to get some peace and quiet! I even turned up the radio - did he take the "hint" - no!  That little kid kept right on going, like his life depended on telling me everything there is to know.



Here's the kicker........he's never played it.........yes, that's right - NEVER!  We don't even have a game system to play it on! 

He heard all of this from his "friends" talking.  I use "friends" - as he actually doesn't play with them, or talk to them, he just listens.......or stalks - not quite sure! I don't think he's even seen anything about it other than their shirts.  Where he got the idea to make all of these weapons/tools, I have no idea - he said "his head" - good for you little buddy!

The question is - I downloaded the free version on our iproduct the other day when he came home obsessed about it, and then I decided that he didn't need to know about another video game.  He already has Angry Birds & a few others.  What in the heck should I do?  Do I let him play, and then maybe he can actually strike up a conversation with one of the boys and he can finally fit in (or try - we did the same thing with Pokémon - 7 circles of hell on those damn cards) or do I just let sleeping dogs lie?????

No comments:

Post a Comment